2011 Seattle International Student Exhibition
Sheraton Hotel, Willow Room on the 2nd floor
2010 International Student Exhibition Award Winners
|Friday, June 3, 4pm-8pm
Saturday, June 4, 9am-2pm
The International Student Exhibition invites all Glass Art Society student members who are currently enrolled full-time (or 2011 graduates) in an accredited degree-seeking program to participate.
How to participate:
All work must be current, original, professionally crafted, and contain glass as the main element. Deliver the following to the Sheraton Hotel, Willow Room on Wednesday, June 1, Noon-5pm or Thursday, June 2, 9am-Noon:
- Your student art piece see restrictions below
- Disc (clearly labeled with your full name) including a jpg image* (150 dpi, 1MB or smaller) of work being submitted and your artist statement* (maximum 100 words)
- Printed copy of your artist statement *GAS may use the submitted images and artist statements for display during the exhibition as well as on the GAS website.
The official opening will be on Friday, June 3, at 4:00 pm.
Students are encouraged to hand-carry their work to the conference. Insurance and shipment of the artwork are the responsibility of the artist. Neither GAS nor The Sheraton are responsible for theft or damage to artwork. Please ensure that your work is delivered in reusable packaging.
No more than ONE item may be submitted by each student. Due to limitations in display possibilities, the piece must not exceed 30 lbs (15 kg) or 20" (50 cm) in any dimension. It must be possible to be handled (lifted and moved) easily by one person. Installations or groupings may be submitted, but each element within the grouping must adhere to weight and size restrictions. Any group, diptych or triptych will be sold as one piece. Clear installation instructions must accompany each work. No work will be hung on the walls or from the ceiling.
In the past more than $6,000 in cash and gift certificates towards supplies and other has been donated for awards. The first prize winner will receive a $1,000 cash award from The Corning Museum of Glass. All award winners will be acknowledged in the Glass Art Society 2011 Journal. Interested in donating an award?
We encourage sales at this event Visa/Mastercard, cash or check made directly to GAS. Artists will receive 80%. Buyers must make their own arrangements for shipping work. Payments, purchases, and all unsold artwork MUST be picked up Saturday, June 4, 2pm-4pm at the Sheraton Hotel, Willow room. Pieces left after June 4, 4pm will become the property of GAS.
STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS are available to assist eligible full-time student members of GAS in attending the 41st Annual Glass Art Society conference in Seattle, WA. The application process is juried. Applications due February 15. Click here for full details.
Click here to see last years 2010 Student Scholarship Recipients and Jurors
AWARD DONATIONS NEEDED for the 2011 GAS International Student Exhibition Winners
Download the 2011 International Student Exhibition Award Donation Form pdf (available soon)
- Gift certificates and/or cash are accepted.
- All donors will be acknowledged onstage at the Closing Night Party, Saturday, June 4 as well as listed on signage posted onstage.
- If commitment is received by April 1st donors will be listed in the Conference Program Book.
- In addition, all awards will be recognized in the 2011 GAS Journal, however donations of $500 or above will receive a paragraph profile of their business (business to provide by June 30).
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.