GAS invites all student members to participate in the International Student Exhibition & Sales to be held in Corning, NY during the annual conference.
ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS
- Students must have a current GAS membership through June 2016.
- Students must be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited degree-granting, college-level program. Students who graduated from a full-time, degree-granting college-level program in December 2015 or later may participate.
- All work must be original, professionally crafted, contain glass as the main element, and be designed or created during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Only one item may be submitted per student.
- The submitted piece must not exceed 30 pounds (easily lifted by one person) or 20 inches in any dimension, and must include clear installation instructions. Installations or groupings may be submitted, but each element must adhere to weight and size restrictions. Any grouping will be sold as one piece. No work may be hung on the walls or from the ceiling.
- Videos may be submitted, but must be under 5 minutes in length, uploaded to Vimeo, and made public.
A panel of jurors will select first, second, and third place recipients as well as several honorable mention awards. Donated awards are given, with the first place recipient receiving a $1,000 USD cash award from the Corning Museum of Glass. Awards will be announced on opening night on Friday, June 10 at 6:00pm.
We encourage sales at this event, with student artists receiving 80%. All sales must be completed at the GAS register, and artists will receive payment by check from GAS after the conference. Buyers must make their own arrangements for shipping work. Purchased and unsold artwork must be picked up on Saturday, June 11 between 2:00pm-4:00pm at the 171 Cedar Arts Center.
GAS promises to handle all items with the utmost respect and care, but is not responsible for damage, theft, injury, or loss of any person, artwork, or property. All purchases are final and must be paid for and removed from the premises by the conclusion of the exhibition. Purchased items that are not removed will be shipped at the purchaser’s expense. No exchanges or refunds allowed. Unsold or unclaimed works will become the unrestricted property of GAS, and GAS shall be entitled in our absolute discretion to exercise disposal of the work as we deem appropriate after this time. Participants give GAS permission to use their name and images taken of their person or artwork for any and all purposes. For questions, please email email@example.com.
PAST INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ONLINE EXHIBITIONS & JURIED SELECTION CATALOGUES