The Glass Art Society is an international non-profit organization founded in 1971 whose purpose is to encourage excellence, to advance education, to promote the appreciation and development of the glass arts, and to support the worldwide community of artists who work with glass. The Society strives to stimulate communication among artists, educators, students, collectors, gallery and museum personnel, art critics, manufacturers, and all others interested in and involved with the production, technology and aesthetics of glass. We are dedicated to creating greater public awareness and appreciation of the glass arts. Application for membership is open to anyone interested in glass. Members are entitled to vote, hold office, and enjoy all other rights and privileges as determined by the Society's bylaws.
Basic Benefit Package for Individuals and Full-Time Students
- Domestic Shipping and Printing discounts with FedEx Office*
- Discount on GLASS Quarterly Magazine subscription*
- LTL Freight Discounts through PartnerShip
- Hertz and Alamo Rental Car discounts
- Domestic & Travel Insurance benefits*
*For US-based members only
Additional Benefits for Upper Level Members
All include two people at same address/business, two logins and profiles, but one set of mailed info.
SPONSOR - Basic benefits and discounts, plus: Donation acknowledgment in Journal.
CORPORATE/BUSINESS - all of the above, plus:
• One free custom mailing list (500 names max)
• 10% off members' price for one ½ Column GASnews ad per year
• 25% off one annual full-conference pass
PATRON - all of the above, except: Total of 50% off one annual full-conference pass
BENEFACTOR - all of the above, except: Total of one free annual full-conference pass
Membership Levels and Fees
- $40 USD Full-time Student (copy of current student ID or other proof required)
- $70 USD Individual
- $120 USD Sponsor
- $275 USD Corporate/Business
- $500 USD Patron
- $1,000 USD Benefactor
- Low student fees are subsidized in part by the Sy Kamens Educational Fund.
- Unused benefits expire with membership and are not transferable to renewal for the following year.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
- Dues subject to change.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.