Experience the Best of Chicago
Fabulous Fine Art, Amazing Food & More!
Wednesday – Saturday March 19 to March 22
Price per person: $1325 (GAS member), $1420 (non-member)
Minimum 15, maximum 25 people
Tour price includes admission fees & ground transportation to all events listed below, most lunches and most dinners, VIP seating for special events and a conference pass.
Chicago will be our host city for the 2014 Glass Art Society’s Collectors Tour, starting at the historic Palmer House hotel surrounded by art and sculpture.
- Attend the private Pre-Conference Reception fundraiser at Ignite Glass Studios, featuring celebrity chef Matthias Merges for a marvelous glass inspired dinner and special surprise glass demonstration.
- Attend a Collector’s Dinner with the GAS Board of Directors hosted by local glass collectors, viewing a spectacular collection in their home on Lincoln Park.
- Chicago is one of the design capitals of the world. Enjoy a private tour of select showrooms in the famed Chicago Merchandise Mart and meet designer, Holly Hunt.
- Venture out of the city to the Northshore area to tour private collections.
- Take a step back in time and enjoy a turn of the century breakfast with Louis Comfort Tiffany, followed by a special tour of an exhibit at the Driehaus Museum - Louis Comfort Tiffany:
Treasures from the Driehaus Collection
- Design, Art and Food are Chicago specialties, enjoy a special lunch with culinary demonstrations highlighting glass techniques.
- Experience an intimate Italian lunch at Piccolo Sono with an invited glass artist.
- Watch a special private glassmaking demonstration.
- Enjoy a special curator-led tour of the famed Art Institute of Chicago with lunch at the fabulous Terzo Piano.
- Delight in a private collection in a Chicago highrise with spectacular views both inside and out.
- Attend an interactive collector’s panel discussing collecting from various directions – addressing your questions.
- Attend GAS conference events: Opening Ceremonies & Lectures, Goblet Grab, Gallery Hop and Auction and complete the tour under the the magnificent stained glass dome listening to blues at the Closing Night Party in the landmark Chicago Cultural Center.
Cancellation policy: Space is very limited. Cancellation received in writing before January 15, 2014 will receive a full refund. There will be no refunds after January 15, 2014. Itinerary is subject to change.
Above: Group of lamps (bird's-eye detail), photo by John Faier, © The Richard H. Driehaus Museum; Art Institute of Chicago, courtesy of Choose Chicago
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.