Funding to attend the Conference
Each year, the Glass Art Society recognizes the achievements and potential of those members currently enrolled as full-time students in undergraduate and graduate programs. Applications are evaluated by a professional jury, and selected students are awarded scholarships to enable them attend the annual GAS conference in order to learn, connect, and grow as artists. Learn about the 2015 scholarship recipients, or view a photo gallery of other past scholarship recipients.
The Next Round - 2016 GAS Conference
Deadline: February 15, 2016. Complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
The 2016 Student Scholarship recipients will receive financial support to attend the 45th GAS conference in Corning, New York (June 9-11). Jurors are to be determined.
A total of $5,000 USD will be awarded through general scholarships in 2016. All eligible student applicants will be considered for general scholarships.
Becky Winship Flameworking Scholarship
One award of $1,000 USD will be given to an eligible student applicant whose work uses flameworking techniques. Generously funded by David Winship of Glasscraft, Inc. Past recipients: Meredith Lopez (2015), Gabriel Greenlaw (2014), Shawn Everette (2012), Kelly McGarrigle (2011).
- Current full-time student in an accredited degree-granting program.
- Current student member of the Glass Art Society through the 2016 conference. Proof of student status required.
- Did not receive a GAS Student Scholarship in the last 3 years offered (recipients from 2015, 2014 or 2012 are not eligible).
Apply by February 15, 2016
One application allows you to be considered for all scholarships, if eligible.
- Contact and eligibility information
- Proof of full-time student status in an accredited program (student ID or transcript)
- Artist statement (up to 500 words)
- Short essay about why the student wishes to attend the 45th GAS conference (up to 500 words)
- 4 images of recent work designed and created by the student in 2015-2016, featuring glass as a main element. Images should be saved as .jpg files, no more than 150 dpi and 7 inches high or wide. If submitting video work, the video must be less than 5 minutes in length, and the student should provide a view link (without their name on the site) and a still image of the video.
Applicants should complete the ONLINE APPLICATION, or if preferred, applicants can download an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of their student ID and 4 images (see instructions on the document).
By submitting an application, students agree to allow GAS to use their submitted images and information in online and printed GAS publications and media. Scholarship recipients agree to provide a short, detailed description about their conference experience for use by GAS in online and print media.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.