2016 Corning, New York
June dates to be determined
SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED
The theme for this conference will be announced shortly.
Both members and non-members may submit proposals to present a lecture, demonstration, lec-mo, or panel discussion. GAS invites submissions that highlight the theme and encourage inventive ideas that are experimental, performative, technological, DIY, and entrepreneurial.
You do not need to be a GAS member to submit or present.
Please apply under the category you feel would best fit your presentation:
- LEC-MO (Lecture/Demo on an artists process)
- DEMONSTRATION: Hot - Flame - Cold
- PANEL: Green - At Risk Youth - Education - Careers in Art - Other
- OTHER EVENT OR IDEA
Generally slots are between 1-1.5 hours in duration; $400 USD Honorarium is split by all who present in a slot except Panels where Moderators receive $250 and panelists $200 each up to 4 people total). Subject to change.
1. Download the INFORMATION SHEET .doc
2. Download the appropriate SUBMISSION FORM
LECTURE | LEC-MO | DEMO | PANEL | OTHER
- Proposals must be submitted in English and all presentations are to be given in English.
- Each proposal must be submitted with a completed submission form as either a word doc or pdf file, along with applicable images, resumes, etc.
- All submissions meeting these requirements will be reviewed by the GAS Board of Directors and conference co-chairs.
- Travel to and accommodations during the conference are the responsibility of the presenter.
- Notifications for submitted proposals may be sent anytime after the date of the planning meeting. Due to the complicated nature of putting together the conference schedule with many different presenters, notifications can be made at different times. Fully confirmed presenters may be posted on our website or in promotional material as we receive them. If you have not yet heard back from GAS on your particular proposal, there is still a chance you may be worked into the schedule. We apologize for the possible lengthy wait and as always appreciate your patience.
- If accepted, a presenter will be contacted by a GAS Board member, or conference co-chair, and will be required to sign a contract and submit information for promotional materials by a certain date.
*Don't have Microsoft office? You can download free software to open & edit word files at www.openoffice.org GAS has no association
How to Submit Your Proposal
Ready to submit?
1. Click on View Active Calls and Create your Submission or Application
2. Anyone submitting must LOGIN
- Those without a Login must Register to become a Submitter by entering your contact info and creating a password. After continuing to your profile you may edit it or Logout to return to the Login page and use the "Login and view the Active Calls" link.
3. Click on the category you wish to apply in. Eg. “LECTURE proposals - 2016 Corning Conference”.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on NEW SUBMISSION.
5. Title your submission in the following manner “Category - FirstLast - Title of your presentation”.
6. Upload one file at a time by clicking NEW FILE, then the BROWSE/CHOOSE FILE button, select the file from your computer, then click SUBMIT to upload it.
7. Continue to add NEW FILE until you have uploaded all required. You can also MODIFY your application and any uploaded files if needed.
8. After you have uploaded all of your files click the FINISH link to submit your application.
Once submitted your application will need to be reviewed and approved by GAS staff to ensure all files were uploaded properly and are visible. Once approved the Board and Co-chairs will be able to review your submission.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in case of problems.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.