2008 Portland, OR
See highlights of what is to come in Portland!
Glass Art Society 38th Annual Conference: Forming Frontiers
June 19-21, 2008
Two hundred years ago, explorers set out to define the boundaries of this land to gain a greater understanding of where their futures might find them. Inspired by the pioneering past of the Pacific Northwest, “Forming Frontiers” not only addresses the distance the glass art world has come, but also the necessary and continuing expansion into new directions and unknown areas.
Detailed information on Forming Frontiers:
- Welcome! Letters from the Co-Chairs and President
List of Award Recipients, Demonstrators, Lecturers, Panelists
- Main Conference Venues
- Hilton Portland and Executive Tower
- Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Elements Glass with the CMOG Hot Glass Roadshow & MOG Mobile Unit
- Museum of Contemporary Craft
- Special Conference Events
Pre-Conference Reception, Opening Reception, Gallery Hop, After Hop Party, Closing Night Party
- Pre-Conference Tours
Columbia River Gorge/Mt. Hood "Loop" Tour, Winery Tours in Oregon Countryside, Portland's Microbrewery Tour, Collector’s Tour and Studio & Factory Tours
There are many opportunities to get involved with the GAS conference, and to contribute to keeping GAS a vital, growing organization. GAS counts on your support!
- 2008 Live Auction This auction has already taken place and these items are no longer available through the Glass Art Society. December 2008
- International Student Exhibition
- Technical Display
The Marketplace for Glass Artists
Click here for a List of 2008 TD Vendors
- Special Exhibitions & Pre/Post Conference Workshops
- The Fine Print
- Portland Area Attractions
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.