Why Join GAS?
The Glass Art Society is an international non-profit organization founded in 1971 whose purpose is to encourage excellence, to advance education, to promote the appreciation and development of the glass arts, and to support the worldwide community of artists who work with glass. The Society strives to stimulate communication among artists, educators, students, collectors, gallery and museum personnel, art critics, manufacturers, and all others interested in and involved with the production, technology and aesthetics of glass. We are dedicated to creating greater public awareness and appreciation of the glass arts.
Application for membership is open to anyone interested in glass. Members are entitled to vote, hold office, and enjoy all other rights and privileges as determined by the Society's bylaws. Additional membership benefits include eligibility for the GAS in CERF Fund, access to the GAS database of over 14,000 artists, collectors, galleries, schools and museums, other special publications and planning surveys, links from the GAS web site to members' sites, free classified listings in the newsletter and discounts on newsletter display ads.
Basic Benefit Package for Individuals and Full-Time Students
- One member eligible to attend annual conference (2013 canceled / 2014 To be announced)
- 6 online issues of GASnews the Newsletter
- Annual Journal
- Access to the GAS Online Membership Directory
- Access to database information/mailing lists
- Access to the GAS Classifieds
- Access to Members’ Only section of website with personal login
- One profile on website (bio, contact info, website link)
- Two images associated w/ profile (students only one image)
- Free classified listings on the GAS website
- Eligibility for GAS in CERF Fund or GAS International Emergency Relief Fund
- Voting rights
- 20% discount on GLASS Quarterly Magazine subscription
- Hertz and Alamo Rental Car discounts
- Domestic Shipping and Printing discounts with FedEx Office*
- Domestic Insurance benefits*
- Travel Insurance
- Smart Savings Discount Plan
*For US-based members only
Expanded Benefits for Sponsors and Above (2013 Boston conference is canceled / 2014 To be announced)
- Sponsor - (Two people living at the same address, two logins and bios, but one set of mailed information) all of the above, plus: Donation acknowledgment in Journal.
- Corporate/Business - all of the above, plus: one free custom mailing list (500 names max), 10% off members' price for one ½ Column GASnews ad per year, 25% off one annual full-conference pass
- Patron - all of the above, plus: Total of 50% off one annual full-conference pass
- Benefactor - all of the above, plus: Total of one free annual full-conference pass
- $40 USD Full-time Student (copy of current student ID required)
- $70 USD Individual
- $120 USD Sponsor
- $275 USD Corporate/Business
- $500 USD Patron
- $1,000 USD Benefactor
Low student fees are subsidized in part by the Sy Kamens Educational Fund.
Unused benefits expire with membership and are not transferable to renewal for the following year.
Dues subject to change.Please click here to find out about Membership FeesThe Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.