Student Application Deadline Passed: November 11, 2016
Click here to see past GAS online student exhibitions.
Attention students! Don't miss the chance to showcase your work in the Glass Art Society's 2016 International Online Student Exhibition. Current student members are encouraged to submit a piece to be included in the fourth annual online gallery. A selection of entries will receive awards and be featured in a juried online catalogue.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
- Must be a current student member of the Glass Art Society through December 31, 2016.
- Must be enrolled part-time or full-time in an accredited, degree-granting high school or university program.
- All submitted work must be original, contain glass as the main element, and be created by the applicant between fall 2015 and fall 2016.
- No more than one entry may be submitted per student.
- By submitting your image and information, you agree to the following:
- To allow GAS to use your image and submitted information in the online exhibition.
- To be reviewed by a panel of jurors for possible inclusion in the special online catalogue and considered for awards.
- To allow GAS to use the submitted image and information in any other online or printed publications and media for promotional purposes.
- Application materials include contact and eligibility information, an image (or video link) of one original artwork with a full credit line, and an artist statement.
- Accepted file types for images and videos:
- Image files: JPEG, no smaller than 1200 pixels on the longest side, resolution of 150 dpi/ppi, 2MB maximum file size.
- Video File Specifications: Acceptable formats include MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, 3GP, FLV, WEBM, WMV, MKV. Maximum length of 3 minutes. Resolution should be a minimum of 640x480 and maximum of 1920x1080. The aspect ratio must be 4:3 or 16:9. Maximum size is 100MB. Recommended bit rate is above 240kbps. Links to videos posted to Vimeo are also accepted, but please ensure that your name does not appear on the site.
- To apply, please complete the online entry form. You will be asked to provide your personal and school information, proof of student status, an image and detail of your submitted work, and a brief artist statement.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.