WORK EXCHANGE IS NOW CLOSED.
Work Exchange: Reduce Your Conference Fee
What is Work Exchange?
Lower your conference registration fee and have some behind-the-scenes fun — all while helping out GAS! More than 100 people are needed during the conference. Participating in this way can enrich your conference experience and save you money! If accepted, you will pay the reduced work exchange conference registration fee, with commitment to work 11-13 hours during the conference
Work Exchange Timeline
Registration: January 3, 2018 - May 4, 2018
Assignments: May 14 - May 20, 2018
How Much Does Work Exchange Reduce My Conference Fee?
Work Exchange Full-Conference Pass Fee: $222 ($182 + $40 VAT) USD ($248 savings)
Student Work Exchange Full-Conference Pass Fee: $74 ($61 + $13 VAT) USD ($188 savings)
- All Work Exchange participants must be current members of GAS through May 2018. Membership fees are not included in the conference registration fee.
- All applicants must be able to clearly communicate in English.
- Each participant will choose his/her own work schedule from the available slots. Must work 11-13 hours.
- Use the Job Descriptions and Schedule Grid to assist you in determining your work preferences.
- Your chosen work schedule will be reviewed by GAS staff and confirmed with you within two weeks of registering.
- If at any time you find that you cannot complete your work exchange schedule you must notify GAS staff immediately at email@example.com or by calling (206) 382-1305.
Volunteer at the Murano Conference
Enrich your conference experience and help out GAS by volunteering a few hours of your time at the Corning conference. Have some behind-the-scenes fun in the days during the conference. Conference attendees, as well as locals, are invited to assist in volunteering during the numerous events and activities. For more information contact the GAS office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (206) 382-1305.
Volunteers receive no compensation other than great appreciation.
Fine Print and Cancellation
Please read the following fine print:
- If you do not complete all the hours you are scheduled for you will be invoiced for the difference between the work exchange rate and the general on-site conference rate.
- There will be no credit given for partially worked schedules.
- Remember that you must be a current GAS member to participate in Work Exchange. Click here to learn about GAS membership benefits and GAS membership fees.
- A time sheet must be kept on-site, signed by team leaders after every shift, and, upon completion, be returned proving all hours were worked.
- Cancellations received in writing on or before March 3, 2018, will receive a full refund.
- Any changes to registration received in writing March 4 - May 4, 2018, are subject to a $35 administrative fee.
- No refunds after May 4, 2018.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
Before registering for shifts please review the conference program to plan your schedule accordingly: 2018 GAS Conference Program.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.