REGISTRATION IS OPEN
FOR ST. PETERSBURG, FL: MARCH 28 - 30, 2019
Work Exchange: Reduce Your Conference Fee
What is Work Exchange?
Lower your conference registration fee and have some behind-the-scenes fun — all while helping out GAS! More than 100 people are needed during the conference every year. Participating in this way can enrich your conference experience and save you money! Work Exchange participants must commit 12 hours of time to conference assistance.
2019 Work Exchange Timeline
Work Exchange registration opened on October 15, 2018. Be sure to choose the registration option for "Work Exchange" plus your membership designation of Member or Student Member.
ATTENTION: You will receive a link to choose your Work Exchange shifts with your registration confirmation email.
2019 Work Exchange Pricing
Work Exchange, Member price: $182 USD
Work Exchange, Student Member price: $61 USD
- All Work Exchange participants must be current members of GAS through March 31, 2019. Membership fees are not included in the conference registration fee.
- All applicants must be able to clearly communicate in English.
- Participants will choose his/her own work schedule from the available slots. Work Exchange requires 12 hours of work time during the week of the conference.
- Jobs range from t-shirt sales to badge checking. Most tasks are not physically demanding but may require moving boxes, carrying bulky items, sitting or standing or walking for periods of time. Job descriptions and their physical requirements will be available during shift sign-up.
- Your chosen work schedule will be reviewed by GAS staff and confirmed with you before the conference.
- If at any time you find that you cannot complete your Work Exchange responsibilities you must notify GAS staff immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (206) 382-1305.
Incompletion of Hours
- If you do not complete all 12 of your scheduled hours, you will be invoiced for the difference between the Work Exchange rate and the general on-site conference rate.
- There will be no credit given for partially worked schedules.
- Remember that you must be a current GAS member to participate in Work Exchange. Click here to learn about GAS membership benefits and GAS membership fees.
- A time sheet will be provided to you at conference check-in and must be kept on-site, signed by team leaders after every shift, and, upon completion, returned to the appropriate GAS staff member.
Volunteer at the Conference
Enrich your conference experience and help out GAS by volunteering a few hours of your time at the conference. Have some behind-the-scenes fun in the days during the conference. Conference attendees, as well as locals, are invited to assist in volunteering during the numerous events and activities. For more information contact the GAS office at email@example.com
or (206) 382-1305.
Volunteers receive no compensation other than great appreciation.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.