The Glass Art Society today announced the new comprehensive web design in a unique visual format, as well as the introduction of a new dynamic logo. The GAS Board and staff, together with Social Design House (Rock Hill, SC), have developed an informative and imaginative resource for the international glass community at large. This fresh new design represents a resourceful and energetic organization and celebrates the creative spirit of artists working in glass. With a modern and image-focused design, we are able to highlight the most important aspect of the Glass Art Society: our members. Some of the major new features are:
- Streamlined navigation throughout the entire site with a global “site search” pop-up window, restructured dropdown menus and site map.
- Featured member on the homepage (rotating monthly) and a gallery of Member Profile images, highlighting eight GAS members at a time
- New Member Profiles featuring additional image uploads in a Lightbox Gallery format, links to social media sites and online portfolios, contact information and a short bio/artist statement.
- Image-based Member Directory organized in a grid, with large thumbnail images for each member appearing in the search results. Users now also have the ability search multiple categories at once.
- Social media icons that are easily accessible on every page
- New conference page with interior side navigation and conference-specific links, as well as Technical Display advertisements.
This is an exciting new path for GAS that will allow us to add more features in the near future, including webinars and an extensive video library. Our goal is to provide the very best resources and up-to-date information for the creative glass community.
GAS would like to thank Corning Incorporated Foundation and the Klorfine Foundation for their support and generous contributions towards this project.