Want to reduce your conference admission? We have ways to make the Annual Glass Art Society Conference an accessible event for every income level.
EARLY BIRD PASSES
Looking to save on your Tacoma 2022 registration? Buy your passes soon and take advantage of our discounted EARLY BIRD PASSES to save 10% off regular member admission prices—available only until January 3 or while supplies last and exclusively to GAS members.
Have some behind-the-scenes fun while supporting GAS! Between 50-100 people are needed during the conference every year. Participating in this way can enrich your conference experience and save you money. Work Exchange participants must commit 12 hours of time to conference assistance in exchange for a discounted conference pass.
Register for the Annual GAS Conference and purchase a Work Exchange Pass. The GAS Work Exchange Coordinator will follow up to provide you with your assignment options and any additional details.
- All Work Exchange participants must be current members of GAS through May 31, 2020. Membership fees are not included in the conference registration fee.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older. To hire anyone under the age of 18 in Washington, there are specific laws and rules employers must follow and Glass Art Society is not accommodate these at this time.
- All applicants must be able to clearly communicate in English.
- Jobs range from t-shirt sales to badge checking. Most tasks are not physically demanding but may require moving boxes, carrying bulky items, sitting or standing or walking for periods of time. Job descriptions and their physical requirements will be available during shift sign-up.
- If at any time you find that you cannot complete your Work Exchange responsibilities you must notify GAS staff immediately at [email protected]assart.org or by calling (206) 382-1305.
- If you do not complete all 12 of your scheduled hours, you will be invoiced for the difference between the Work Exchange rate and the general on-site conference rate.
- There will be no credit given for partially worked schedules.
- A timesheet will be provided to you at conference check-in and must be kept on-site, signed by team leaders after every shift, and, upon completion, returned to the appropriate GAS staff member.
Each year, the Glass Art Society recognizes the achievements and enthusiasm of its members through scholarships to attend the annual conference. Scholarships are available to all GAS members from all backgrounds. Applications are evaluated anonymously by a professional committee. Scholarships are meant to support GAS members in their goals to learn, connect, and grow artistically
Takako Sano Scholarships: Scholarships for students and non-students living outside of the conference country are eligible for assistance through the Takako Sano Scholarship Fund. Awards are given in USD in the amount of $1000. Funds are meant to assist with conference admission, travel, and lodging costs.
Becky Winship Flameworking Scholarship: This scholarship is given to eligible students whose work and studies use flameworking techniques. Generously funded by David Winship and Lisa Bieber of Glasscraft, Inc. Awards are given in USD in the amount of $1000. Funds are meant to assist with conference admission, travel, and lodging costs.
- Scholarships are available for students AND non-students.
- Scholarships are a benefit of GAS membership. Awardees must be GAS Members through May 23, 2022.
- You may not be a GAS Scholarship recipient in the last 3 years offered (recipients from 2020 and 2019 are not eligible).
- Scholarship recipients agree to provide an anonymous, short, detailed description about their conference experience for use by GAS in online and print media.
To help you prepare, you will be asked to submit the following within the application:
- Short essays – You will be asked to provide three (3) short essays of less than 500 words about why you wish to attend the 50th Annual GAS Conference, how a scholarship will help you financially, and a personal statement about yourself. Please DO NOT include your name in any of these essays.
- Images of Work OR other supporting images – You do not have to be an artist to receive a scholarship but you will be asked to submit up to 5 images or videos of glass (yours or inspirational work) as a part of your application.
- If a student, you will be asked to provide your school name and a professor/teacher/mentor email.
One application allows you to be considered for all scholarships, if eligible.
Applications close Sunday, February 13, 2022.
GAS PARTIAL PAYMENT PLAN
The GAS Partial Payment Plan is an installment-based payment service provided by Glass Art Society to make it easier for you to cover the costs of attendance. This service is open to all registration types that meet the terms below.
By selecting the GAS Partial Payment Plan option, you agree to pay an upfront deposit of $100 or 25% of your total (whichever is lowest) and 2 additional installments to complete your full registration payment by April 15, 2022. A member of the GAS staff will reach out to you within the next 2-4 business days to set up your first invoice and coordinate your payment plan. If you do not make all three payments or complete your full payment, your registration will be canceled and you will be refunded (if applicable) according to our posted refund schedule.
TERMS: Registration fee balances must be $100 or more to qualify for the GAS Partial Payment Plan (available through March 15, 2022.) Beginning March 16, 2022, all fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.