- What are the benefits of Glass Art Society Membership?
- What are the membership levels and fees?
- Do I have to be a glass artist to join?
- What is the Glass Art Society's mission statement?
How do I become a Glass Art Society Member?
Fill out the GAS membership application on-line and pay through our secure site with a Visa or Master Card.
Mail or Fax
Download and fill out this form and send by mail or fax to the GAS office with your payment. Checks made to the Glass Art Society in US funds from a US bank, Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
What are the benefits of Glass Art Society membership?
GAS Basic Membership Benefits: Individuals and Full-Time Students
- Membership for one person with one set of mailed materials
- One profile on website (login, bio, contact info, website link)
- Image gallery included with online member profile
- Four issues of the online newsletter, GASnews
- Access to all Members’ Only information on the GAS website with personal login
- Access to GAS Classifieds & add your own listings for free
- Weekly Digest email (classifieds and Hot Topics updates)
- Access to the searchable GAS Online Member Directory showcasing member profiles
- Access to database information/mailing lists (over 14,000 artists, collectors, galleries, schools and museums, other special publications)
- One member eligible to attend annual conference
- Eligibility for GAS in CERF Fund or GAS International Emergency Relief Fund
- Annual Journal
- Voting rights
- Domestic Shipping and Printing discounts with FedEx Office*
- Discount on GLASS Quarterly Magazine subscription*
- LTL Freight Discounts through PartnerShip
- Hertz and Alamo Rental Car discounts
- Domestic & Travel Insurance benefits*
- Smart Savings Discount Plan
- Members' price on display ads in GASnews
*For US-based members only
Additional benefits for upper level members: All include two people at same address/business, two logins and profiles, but one set of mailed info.
Sponsor - basic benefits and discounts, plus:
• Donation acknowledgment in Journal.
Corporate/Business - all of the above, plus:
• One free custom mailing list (500 names max)
• 10% off members' price for one ½ Column GASnews ad per year
• 25% off one annual full-conference pass
Patron - all of the above, except:
• Total of 50% off one annual full-conference pass
Benefactor - all of the above, except:
• Total of one free annual full-conference pass
Membership Levels and Fees
- $40 USD Full-time Student (copy of current student ID or other proof required)
- $70 USD Individual
- $120 USD Sponsor
- $275 USD Corporate/Business
- $500 USD Patron
- $1,000 USD Benefactor
NOTE: Low student fees are subsidized in part by the Sy Kamens Educational Fund. Unused benefits expire with membership and are not transferable to renewal for the following year. Dues subject to change.
Do I have to be a glass artist to join?
No, you do not have to be a glass artist to join the Glass Art Soceity. Currently GAS has over 2,000 members from about 40 countries. 75 to 80% are artists. The 25 to 20% remaining members are galleries, collectors, museums, libraries and anyone just interested in glass art.
The Glass Art Society's members are glass artists, students, educators, collectors, gallery owners, museum personnel, writers and critics, manufacturers/suppliers - anyone interested in glass art.
Glass Art Society's mission statement:
The Glass Art Society is an international non-profit 501c3 organization whose purpose is to encourage excellence, to advance education, to promote the appreciation and development of the glass arts, and to support the worldwide community of artists who work with glass.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.