Our goals are to enrich the local art and culture scene of Morris County and beyond by fostering an appreciation of glassmaking in a hands-on, fun and excitingly creative way for students of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds.
The school offers glassblowing classes, workshops, private lessons, group sessions (like team building events or parties), as well as artist demonstrations, seasonal activities, studio rentals, and other glass experiences.
We are looking for someone to join our team who:
1. Has a good attitude and is a team player.
2. Has glassblowing and some coldworking experience.
3. Has experience working hands-on with molten glass in our daily classes designed for people without prior experience.
We have an onsite gallery and a friendly studio environment. All team members are expected to be professional, personable, and proactive in order to enhance our studio environment and customer experience.
An applicant will possess the following qualifications:
● Intermediate to advanced glassblowing skills and at least intermediate knowledge of coldworking
● Must have an energetic yet calm disposition and ability to put personal problems aside
● Ideally 2 years of professional hot glass experience
● Must be able to produce paperweights, cups, ornaments, bowls, vases, and flowers with ease.
● Teaching experience
● Strong work ethic
● Outgoing, positive and friendly personality
● Comfortable with public speaking; ability to work and speak in front of large groups of people
● Ability to represent MCSOG professionally and safely
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Keep the studio in proper working order
● Assist teachers and students with any special needs
● Be informed and knowledgeable of all process, rules, regulations, upcoming events, programs, and classes and be prepared to answer any questions
● Charge furnace
● Greet any walk-in customers
● Coldwork student work
● Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
● Safely operate general glassblowing equipment
● Must be able to work scheduled evenings and weekends
● Starting wage is TBD (and up depending on ability) with opportunity for growth at annual reviews
● 3 hours of personal blow time a month (to be used primarily outside of business hours)
● 50% off all gallery items and glassblowing lessons for family and select friends.
To apply, please send the following:
● Letter(s) of Recommendation
● Resume (in Word or .pdf file format)
● Portfolio – images of personal work (in .jpg or .pdf file format)
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time
Salary: TBD depending on experience
● Store Discounts