INTRODUCING NEW TALENT
Each year, the Glass Art Society selects a number of emerging artists through a rigorous, competitive, jury process. Those selected are asked to give a short presentation at the annual conference.
Made possible by the Saxe Emerging Artists Lecture Fund, these presentations provide an opportunity for artists to introduce their work to a large audience of established artists, educators, peers, collectors, art historians, and critics.
About Dorothy and George Saxe: Over the course of their marriage, the Saxes built one of the most premier contemporary glass collections found in the United States. Beginning their glass art collection in 1980, they supported artists, galleries, institutions, and have played an immense role in elevating and increasing appreciation of glass art.
Nominations for the 2020 Saxe Emerging Artist Awards are now closed.
Artists cannot self-nominate.
Nominated individuals who meet the criteria below will be contacted directly by the Glass Art Society and invited to submit an application for the upcoming conference.
Criteria for Emerging Artists:
- Their work displays excellence in glass and uses glass as the primary medium.
- It has been less than 12 years since graduating with a bachelor's degree.
- They are not currently enrolled in a degree-granting education program.
- They have not presented at a past GAS conference (excluding panelists).
- They are not currently scheduled to present at the upcoming GAS conference (excluding panelists).
- They are available to travel to the annual conference. GAS does not provide funding for travel or accommodations.
2019 Saxe Emerging Artists: Lily Reeves, Kris Rumman, Nao Yamamoto
View the 2019 Catalogue
2018 Saxe Emerging Artists: Meng Du, Simone Fezer, Gayle Forman
View the 2018 Catalogue
2017 Saxe Emerging Artists: Rebecca Arday, Julia Chamberlain, Gine Zetts
View the 2017 Catalogue
2016 Saxe Emerging Artists: James Labold, Ito Laila Le Francois, Wil Eldridge Sideman
View the 2016 Catalogue
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.