INTRODUCING NEW TALENT
Each year the Glass Art Society selects a few emerging artists to make short presentations at its annual conference. Made possible by the Saxe Emerging Artists Lecture Fund, these presentations provide an opportunity for artists with promising talent to introduce their work to a large audience of established artists, educators, peers, collectors, art historians, and critics.
Criteria for Emerging Artists:
- Their work displays excellence in glass and uses glass as the primary medium.
- It has been less than 12 years since graduating with a bachelor's degree.
- They are not currently enrolled in a degree-granting education program.
- They have not presented at a past GAS conference (excluding panelists).
- They are available to travel to St. Petersburg, Florida between March 28 - 30, 2019 for the annual conference. GAS does not provide funding for travel or accommodations.
Know an emerging artist?
Submit the artist's full name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org before October 29, 2018
Nominated individuals who meet the above criteria will be contacted directly by the Glass Art Society and invited to submit an application. A jury of professionals will review all applicants and determine the presenters for that conference.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.