Keep Your School In the Loop
The Glass Art Society recognizes one Student Liaison per accredited school annually to represent the students and professors for that school. The Student Liaison communicates directly with the Student Representative
for the GAS Board of Directors generally via email. The goal is to keep students informed about the organization, of related opportunities and to call attention to specific student needs within GAS. The liaison aids in the exchange of information between the Student Representative and their peer students, their advisors, and their school. (Only one Student Liaison per school per year.
The student liaison must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting program, and maintain current student membership with GAS.
How To Become Your Schools' Student Liaison:
Contact the current Student Representative, Caitlin Vitalo, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email and school.
The term lasts for one year and allows students to gain insight into the workings of the organization while giving invaluable assistance to the growth of the glass network. Prior to the term end, liaisons must submit their replacements name and email to the current Student Representative.
- Overall, the Student Liaison acts as an active coordinator for their school in order to disseminate information and ensure that all information sent to GAS is on time and sent correctly, meeting all deadlines and requirements.
- Beginning of Every Semester - Submit to the Student Rep an updated list of glass professors, as well as active student members and those interested in learning about membership with GAS along with their contact information (name, email, phone, mailing address).
- Encourage peer students to become GAS members, verifying that all have submitted proof of student status to email@example.com (example: copy of student ID, unofficial transcript, letter from school on letterhead)
- Maintain contact with the Student Representative regarding concerns and ideas to help students be active members.
- Promote and encourage participation in GAS events and student opportunities such as:
- Student Scholarships - funding for assistance in attending the annual conference
- Education Resource Center, Poster Presentations, School Q&A Hour at the annual conference
- Portfolio Review at the annual conference
- Student Exhibition held at the annual conference
- Student Representative to the Board of Directors and Student Liaison position
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.