Funding to attend the Conference
Each year, the Glass Art Society recognizes the achievements and potential of student members currently enrolled in accredited, degree-granting programs. Applications are evaluated by a professional jury, and selected students are awarded scholarships to support them in their goal to learn, connect, and grow as artists at the annual GAS conference.
2019 GAS Conference
Application for the 2019 GAS Conference in St. Petersburg, FL is open. Submit your application HERE.
- The Glass Art Society offers several general college-level student scholarships of $1000 USD each year.
Becky Winship Flameworking Scholarship: One award of $1,000 USD will be given to an eligible student applicant whose work uses flameworking techniques. Generously funded by David Winship and Lisa Bieber of Glasscraft, Inc.
Takako Sano Scholarship: Students living outside of the United States are eligible for assistance through the Takako Sano Scholarship Fund. One award of $1000 USD will be given.
PAST ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, subject to change for the next enrollment period
- Currently enrolled as a student in an accredited degree-granting program.
- Current student member of the Glass Art Society through March 31, 2019.
- Did not receive a GAS Student Scholarship in the last 3 years offered (recipients from 2018, 2017, or 2016 are not eligible).
One application allows you to be considered for all scholarships, if eligible.
PAST APPLICATION MATERIALS AND PROCESS
- Artist statement - Please provide us with an artist statement (up to 500 words). Do not include your name.
- Short essay - Please provide an essay (up to 500 words) about why you wish to attend the 48th annual GAS conference.
- Images of Work - Please submit up to 4 images of your artwork or installation.
- Work: Designed and created by the student in 2017-2018, featuring glass as the main element.
- Images: Saved as JPEG files, no more than 150 dpi and 7 inches high or wide.
- Video: For video files, you may submit MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG, 3GP, FLV, WEBM, WMV, or MKV. Please keep all videos at 5 minutes or less. Resolution 640x480 (minimum) to 1920x1080 (maximum), aspect ratio 4:3 or 16:9. Size should be less than 100MB, recommended bit rate is 240kps. You may also post links to your videos (YouTube or Vimeo) but please remove your name from the account and title.
- File Names: Title the image files with a number (1-4) followed by the title of your work. Do not include your name.
- School Name
- Professor/Teacher e-mail (instructor will be emailed to verify student status)
By submitting an application, students agree to allow GAS to use their submitted images and information in online and printed GAS publications and media. Scholarship recipients agree to provide a short, detailed description of their conference experience for use by GAS in online and print media.
The Glass Art Society reserves the right to deny applications for Technical Display, advertising participation, GAS membership or the conference from anyone for any reason.