Our virtual conference allows the glass community to come together from across the globe, and we want to hear from you!
Post a quick video to social media including your name, location, and why you love GAS, and you could win a full-conference pass for the 2021 GAS Conference (see below for details).
Join us at the Closing Night Party on Saturday night to see our favorite entries and find out who wins!
HOW TO PLAY
STEP 1: Record a video (maximum 30 seconds) of yourself during the GAS Virtual Conference!
Tell us your name, where you are, and why you love GAS. Want to showcase your glass? Go for it! The more creative, the better!
STEP 2: Follow & tag @glassartsociety in your video AND use the hashtag #whereintheworldisGAS when posting to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Entries accepted from Thursday, May 21st at 10:00am (PDT) through Saturday, May 23rd at 12:00pm (PDT).
STEP 3: Tune in to the Closing Night Party on Saturday, May 23rd from 5:00-7:00pm (PDT) to view a selection of our favorite entries and find out if you’re a winner!
Winner will be randomly selected and notified via email after the Closing Night Party. Winner will receive one (1) full-conference General Admission pass to the 2021 GAS Conference. There is no guarantee that your video will be played during the Closing Night Party.
OFFICIAL CHALLENGE RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with the #whereintheworldisGAS, follow and tag @glassartsociety, and who are ages 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of any country, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees and/or Board Members of the Glass Art Society, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Challenger (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Glass Art Society as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on May 21st at 10:00am and ending May 23 at 12:00pm. All online entries must be received by May 23rd at 12:00pm Pacific Daylight Time.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting a video with your name, location, and why you love the Glass Art Society on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter (must use the hashtag #whereintheworldisGAS and follow and tag @glassartsociety). The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Glass Art Society. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple social media handles , identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Glass Art Society.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one General Admission Full-Conference Pass to the 2021 GAS Conference. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Glass Art Society. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Glass Art Society’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Glass Art Society to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Glass Art Society. Winner will be notified by during the Closing Night Party and via email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. The Glass Art Society shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE GLASS ART SOCIETY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Glass Art Society, anyone acting on behalf of the Glass Art Society, and the Glass Art Society’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Challenges: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Glass Art Society. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Glass Art Society from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Glass Art Society may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: The Glass Art Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Glass Art Society’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Glass Art Society may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Glass Art Society. The Glass Art Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Glass Art Society has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Glass Art Society reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Glass Art Society and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITES STATES OF AMERICA AND WASHINGTON STATE, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Facebook & Instagram: The Campaign hosted by the Glass Art Society is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Twitter: The Campaign hosted by the Glass Art Society is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.