Personally identifiable information refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or postal address. In most cases, this information is of benefit, or even essential, for us to provide the personalized or enhanced services that you request. Glass Art Society does sell its contact list to members within the association. If you do not want to be on the Glass Art Society mailing list, please let us know. The amount of personally identifiable information that you choose to disclose to the Glass Art Society is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us in conjunction with one of our services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Glass Art Society collects information on our users by your voluntary submissions. We also collect, store and accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of this website, such as: which of our pages and services are of most interest to our clients and prospects.
The information Glass Art Society collects is used in a variety of ways: for internal review; to improve the content of the site, thus making your user experience more valuable, and to let you know about products and services that you may be interested in. Information including, but not limited to, your email address, billing address, and phone number are collected and stored when you make a purchase from Glass Art Society. This information is used to set up your account.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not store credit card information on this site. All online purchases are made using a secure third party e-commerce gateway, Authorize.Net.
To help ensure your privacy, we also recommend not sharing your login information with others.
MISPRINTS AND ERRORS, AVAILABILITY AND PRICES
Glass Art Society endeavors to provide current and accurate information on the Website. However, misprints, errors, inaccuracies, omissions or other errors may sometimes occur. Glass Art Society cannot guarantee that services advertised on the website will be available when ordered or thereafter. Glass Art Society does not warrant that the content of the Website including, without limitation, event descriptions, program descriptions, fees, or photographs, is accurate or complete.
Glass Art Society reserves the right to: (a) correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person; (b) change at any time the services advertised or made available for registration on the Website, the prices, fees, charges and specifications of such services, any promotional offers and any other Website content without any notice or liability to you or any other person; (c) reject, correct, cancel or terminate any registration, including accepted registrations for any reason and (d) limit quantities available for sale or sold.
The advertisements on the Website are invitations to you to make offers to register for services on the Website and not offer to sell. All prices and other amounts appearing on the Website are quoted in US dollars.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY
Membership fees are non-refundable.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Updated July 2020
This policy sets forth guidelines which govern the participation and commentary on social media platforms belonging to the Glass Art Society. For the purposes of this policy, social media means any facility for online publication and commentary, including without limitation blogs, wiki’s, social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube.
GLASS ART SOCIETY social media channels were created to inform and serve public conversation on glass. Violence, harassment and other similar types of behavior discourage people from expressing themselves, and ultimately diminish the value of global public conversation. Our rules are to ensure all people can participate in the public conversation freely and safely.
SAFETY & CONTENT
- VIOLENCE & ABUSE/HARASSMENT: You may not threaten violence against an individual or a group of people. We also prohibit the glorification of violence. You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone, or incite other people to do so. This includes wishing or hoping that someone experiences physical harm.
- HATEFUL & OFFENSIVE CONDUCT: You may not engage in hateful or offensive conduct against, incite violence, threaten, or harass other people for any reason, including on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. If you need to discuss topics in relation to posted content that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory – such as political policies and religion – please be respectful of perspectives other than your own.
- ILLEGAL GOODS OR SERVICES: You may not use our platforms for any unlawful purpose or in furtherance of illegal activities. This includes selling, buying, or facilitating transactions in illegal goods or services (i.e. drugs, solicitation, etc.) This DOES NOT include functional glass like glass pipes, joint holders, etc. as long as active drug-use is not displayed.
- NON-RELEVANT CONTENT: The purpose of GLASS ART SOCIETY social media channels is to inform and serve the public conversation on glass. To that end, remember to always center your comments and/or discussions around glass. Do not use our platform to make endorsements of any kind including but not limited to personal, political, religious, etc.
PRIVACY & AUTHENTICITY
- PRIVATE INFORMATION: You may not publish or post other people’s private information (such as phone number and address) without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so.
- IMPERSONATION: You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK: You may not violate others’ intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark. Best practice is to link to others’ work rather than reproduce it. Ensure that the source or image credit is highlighted at the bottom of your post or in the comments.
- Policy violations will be subject to action by the GLASS ART SOCIETY including but not limited to blocking accounts, removing comments, etc.